Coding of Walks
All walks are coded by a figure which indicates the mileage, followed by a letter indicating the degree of difficulty of the walk. This is based on the terrain rather than the distance.
- E: Easy Mainly on footpaths that are on level ground with some gentle hill climbing.
- M: Moderate Mainly on footpaths with hill climbing.
- S: Strenuous Walks will involve hill climbing and will at times be over rough terrain, and there could be some scrambling.
- On full day walks bring a packed lunch and sufficient liquid. Wear good walking boots and bring waterproof clothing.
- Members are reminded that on walks they should support the leader to help keep people together.
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult with parental authority.
- Any accidents/injuries must be reported without delay to the secretary.
- Observe the Country Code and keep dogs on a lead at all times.
The meeting place for weekend walks is TORR TOP CAR PARK, NEW MILLS SK22 4BS unless otherwise stated. For Wednesday walks the meeting place is the CO-OP CAR PARK, NEW MILLS SK22 4NG.
We encourage car sharing and drivers will appreciate a voluntary contribution from passengers. As a guide, £3 per passenger (within the Peak District) is considered a reasonable amount.
For those leaders who meet the party at the start of the walk, please ensure that arrangements are made to meet walkers at the New Mills meeting place.
Where no start time is shown, contact the leader for details and transport arrangements.
Whatever the meeting, members attend at their own risk. The group will not be held liable for the loss of property, nor for personal injury.